Purple Eye Make Up-How to do a smokey eye with purple eye shadows?

Question by Emily: How to do a smokey eye with purple eye shadows?
I’m going to my prom on May 7th and I’m hoping to do maybe a smokey eye with some purple eye shadows but I’m not completely sure what to do and what colors to use for mascara and eyeliner.

I’m a blond with brown eyes and I think the purple will work well since I have a fuchsia dress but if you think something else would be better please tell me. Thanks!

Best answer:

Answer by minnie
You could do a purple smokey eye look with like a vanilla/white-shimmery (but not too shimmery) color and then purple on the outer part (I really like doing a vanilla and navy blue smokey eye look because it looks almost like black but not that intense as a black color). I would suggest getting like a NYX shaddow or you can get like a 5 color NYX palette or you could spend like $ 20 and get 88 colors from coastal scents or even amazon ( check where the shipping is cheaper; amazon’s shipping is like $ 5ish )..Use black waterproof mascara, it will make your eyes pop more, and I suggest black gel eyeliner on your eyelid and then black kohl pencil on your water line which you can smudge out..I would really go on youtube and see tutorials and practice if your going to do your own makeup. And for makeup brushes, I suggest getting a sonia kashuk brush set ($ 20), and make sure to clean those brushes with a brush cleaner from MAC (also check youtube on how to clean it with it)..umm, oh and get a cream blush as it gives your skin a more dewy look but if your on a budget, just get cover girls rose silk blush and use it with a blush brush! and make sure to use an eyeshadow base like urban decay’s primer potion or a MAC paint pot; a cheaper alternative is to use NYX’s milk jumbo pencil (NYX is sold at Ulta and some other beauty supply stores)…

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:Purple, Shadows, Smokey, Up|How

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts