Introducing Momohime

Check out these cool eye make up images:

Introducing Momohime
cool eye make up

Image by Rinoninha
Here she is!

She’s Momohime (桃姫, the first kanji means "peach", and the second one "princess"), my first custom! It was tough work and I had to practice a lot (I did 6-7 make-ups before I found her), but she’s finally finished TT^TT

Changes:
- Full make-up by me
- New eyelashes
- Obitsu 27cm S white
- Wig by Cool Cat
- Transparent eyechips by Cool cat and eye design by me (when I printed them I realized that many details had faded out =_=)

As you can imagine, she was my Yuutsuzu (the only thing that I kept from her is the color of her eyelids). Many people would hang me for customizing a Yuu, but my boyfriend bought her with that purpose in mind and because I wanted her kimono so bad. Morever, Yuu didn’t fit in my dolly family, and Momohime does!

And now, some background information!
Momohime is the daughter of a wealthy and traditional Japanese family. She was raised by her parents bearing in mind the image of Yamato Nadeshiko, the ideal of Japanese woman. Since she was a child, she was educated in manners and etiquette, shodô (書道, caligraphy), sadô (茶道, tea ceremony), ikebana (生け花, flower arrangement) and trained in playing the shamisen. She’s a calm, kind, feminine young woman that always thinks before acting.

I was going to introduce her on Sunday, but I had a problem with her eyechips, so I made the design myself and changed them.

I hope you like her!

Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes (small print close up)
cool eye make up

Image by id-iom
As I’m sure we all know French existential philosopher Jean Paul Sartre once said ‘Words are loaded pistols’. I think we can all appreciate the sentiment behind this statement as surely we’ve all said something we regret every once in a while. And once those words are said the pistol has been fired and there’s no turning back.

This design started life as the image of existential French Jean Paul Sartre’s head with his loaded pistol words alongside but as I love an earworm if I can possibly get away with it I took some inspiration from the world of music to see if I could get Cher’s seminal 1989 hit ‘If I could turn back time’ playing unheeded in your brain.

In the song Cher utters the immortal words ‘Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes’ and this rang a bell in my brain as it seemed close enough to Sartre’s words to make use of. Hopefully that will strike a chord in your brain and you’ll be singing it all day. Mission accomplished!

Whilst we were painting it some hapless busybody decided to try and let me know that I’d misquoted Sartre but, of course, I hadn’t as she had neglected to read my ‘Jean Paul Sartre as paraphrased by Cher’ small print graffiti. id-iom 1 – random passerby 0. Ha! In your face!

Cheers

id-iom



Tags:Introducing, Momohime

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts