Fancy Couple

Check out these prom eye makeup images:

Fancy Couple
prom eye makeup

Image by juliet_earth

Self, July 2011
prom eye makeup

Image by gaumphotos
This is me right now. (Well I took it last night) but I mean as a whole. I haven’t taken any self portraits in a while and I felt it was due…a lot has changed in my life in the past few months – I sat all my exams, I ‘graduated’ from high school (therefore left school), had interviews for college (to study Photography in the best school for it in Scotland however the course is currently full and I’m on the waiting list), got into a relationship with an amazing girl, then we broke up, my papa who has Alzheimers amongst other things got put into a full-time Nursing Home as my gran had a breakdown over the stress of caring for him and he’s getting really quite bad now. So, a lot has gone on and i think it’s all just taking it’s toll on me right now.

My camera broke at prom after it was accidentally dropped, however it was actually just the lens that broke so that isn’t as bad. I can’t afford to replace it just now but I’m just using my dad’s standard lens at the moment because he barely uses it. Because of this I haven’t really taken photos in the past month and a half but I’m trying to get my act together now that I have a working lens. The ISO was set ridiculously high for this photo (accidentally) hence the grain and overall low quality photograph.

Anyway, this is me, Linzi, and this is how I’m feeling. I wanted an honest photo, a real self-portrait, with no pre-production of applying makeup and making my hair look nice. I have no makeup on, severe bags under my eyes, greasy hair up in a ponytail and I was wearing the shirt I wore to bed – had been awake for 7/8 hours and still hadn’t showered. Disgusting, yes, but I guess that’s what human beings are. At least it’s honest, and that’s what I wanted out of this photo – an honest self portrait with no pre-production portraying how I’m feeling just now.

Prestwick, July 2011.

Cousins
prom eye makeup

Image by blythe_d
Justine and I let my youngest cousin, Alexandra, give us makeovers. Thus, my (fake) purple hair and funny eye makeup and her prom queen hair!



Tags:Couple, fancy

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts