Cool Eye Make Up Tutorial images-Silent Hill Nurse Cosplay *with tutorial*

Check out these eye make up tutorial images:

Silent Hill Nurse Cosplay *with tutorial*
eye make up tutorial

Image by Debbie Ramone
MY Silent Hill Nurse Costume
Supplies I used: My Nurse Hat, Sharpies, A Lighter, My Dress, Brown, Black and Red Paint, Beige/Off-White Spray Paint, Coffee Gounds, Fake Blood (recipe included below), White Heels, White Stockings (two pair; control top) And A Whole Lotta Spanx.

So, every year my town holds an annual Zombie Walk. It’s fun on a bun.
Last year, I just wore a blood covered hospital gown and did my own make-up. Pretty boring, huh? Well, this year I decided to up the anti! I wanted my costume to be scary but not too difficult to make and, since I’m a huge* fan of Konami’s Silent Hill series, I thought what better place to start than a bobblehead nurse?

Anyway, let’s start at the top with our hat: The hat itself, I bought at Micheals***. It’s a cheap, foam rubber kiddie nurse hat. See? The decals on it come right off.
So, to get the edges to look burned, I took a dark brown sharpie marker and drew around the brim and the top left and right corners. Then, to make an aged look, I took a lighter brown sharpie, marked on my fingers and rubbed them all over the hat. I did the same thing with the red. The burn marks are exactly that. Barely hold the lighter to the hat as this IS foam and WILL melt. Accentuate your burn marks with more dark brown sharpie and Viola!

Next, is our mask: Always the most time-consuming step. I used rigid wrap for the mask. YOU SHOULD USE PAPER MACHE’. Really speed is the only pro to using rigid wrap. Say, if you decide to make your mask the day of the con, you have it done and painted in about 4 hours. Other than that, it’s messy and it flakes EVERYWHERE. It WILL get your hair and EYES. If you’re not pressed for time, go with paper mache’. Much easier AND chaper to make, easier to paint, and more comfortable to wear. And NO FLAKING. But, if you’re going to use ridgid wrap, here’s how I did it. I took one of those styrofoam head forms that they use for wigs and measured my head. You need to do this to see how much aluminium foil you need to put on your form. Like, the form is 20 inches around. My head is, 24 inch around. So, I make sure the aluminium goes out to 24 inches. Then, you coat that bad boy (or girl?) in your rigid wrap. There are instructions on the box for how to use it. Make sure you have some deep grooves and creases. That way, when you go to paint it, it will look like gash wounds. That’s what we want.
After it dries, get some off-white beigey spray paint and cover the whole head. Then, take your black paint first and get it deep into the grooves you’ve made. After that, your dark brown and, finally, your red. Let that baby dry and Viola!

On to the dress. You should make the dress yourself. Or buy the cheaper lab coat offline and modify it. Much like everything else, I got all ghetto and lazy on this and bought a Leg Avenue nurse dress. Ya’ know the kind you’re supposed to wear for your boyfriend or husband or girlfriend or whateves. I don’t descriminate. But, yeah, this dress should pretty much be for sexy time only. It didn’t dye worth a shit with the tea. I ended up having to rub coffee grounds into it and it was a huge mess. After that, I used a little paint and little sharpie and singed a few places. The blood is my own classic recipe (Karo syrup + red food coloring and a little water). I also took out the hem at the bottom. FYI.

The shoes: I didn’t do much to the shoes because really, there isn’t much I can do. They’re real leather so, unless I want to shell out for some leather dye, all I can do is rub some brown paint on them to make them look a little scuffed and fling some my the blood on them.

Now, put on your stockings and you’re pretty much ready to go! I hope this isn’t too bad for my first try. I’ll say it again because it is important, this is my first try, I am not a cosplayer and I can’t sew to save my life. I’d probably follow another tutorial.
Let me know what you think!

*Any and all weight jokes with be met with a swift and painful death.
***My local craft store of choice. What’s yours!?

I would like to DEARLY thank the Spanx company. Without you, this costume would not be possible…really. Thank you.

rethreading a serger tutorial 5
eye make up tutorial

Image by splityarn
blogged at splityarn

Stop before the knot makes it to the needle eye. You’re going to have to rethread that one by hand. Most times the knot won’t go through and you’ll either mess up the rest of the threading or bust the needle. Whoops!



Tags:Cool, cosplay, Hill, imagesSilent, Nurse, Tutorial, with.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts